As the world's largest finance and accounting firm, the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) pays all Department of Defense (DoD) military and civilian personnel, retirees and annuitants, and major DoD contractors and vendors. We take great pride in serving the men and women who serve America, and invite goal-oriented people like you to challenge yourself while providing a service to our nation. Employment with DFAS means access to generous benefits such as: health, vision, and dental insurance, retirement benefits, paid time off, and educational benefits.
Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under Direct-Hire Authority for Financial Management Experts. DFAS has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified candidates possessing a finance, accounting, management, or actuarial science degree, or a related degree from an accredited college or university in a field of study, or equivalent experience, related to the functions of the position to be filled.
Location Information: DFAS - Operations, Client Executive, Command Client Executive Staff, Columbus, OH
Who may apply: United States Citizens
- Serves as a Client Executive Representative with responsibility for client/customer satisfaction, assisting with new business initiatives, and for achieving the performance requirements specified in service/support agreements with the client.
- Works to resolve customer issues and satisfy customer requirements; collaborates on client relationship expansion and service excellence; and provides advice on strategies for business expansion on multiple levels, to include senior management.
- Provides professional financial and accounting analysis , technical and customer support services to Defense Agency and organizational executives and support service managers interpreting and advising on accounting and finance conventional policies, regulations and requirements.
- Develops, negotiates, and coordinates agreements for all DFAS operations/sites and serve as the primary interface with the customer. Develops customer strategic business plan, perform customer budget projections and bill briefings. Participates in the management process by analyzing results of operations, and providing advice, assistance, and guidance on alternative financial management practices, which may result in shifting resources and modifying program direction.
- Provides technical expertise in the development of interpretations and guidance of policy and procedures. This includes interpretations of highly technical accounting and finance and other requirements implemented by public law, DoD directives, DFAS directives, and other directives on accounting and finance issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.