DFAS (Defense Finance and Accounting Service) mission is to lead the DoD (Department of Defense) in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas.
Learn more about this agency
Who may apply: Current Permanent DFAS Agency Employees Only
The following link will help you determine if you meet the eligibility to apply for this position:
PLEASE NOTE: You will be considered only for those appointment eligibilities for which you select, attach supporting documentation and are found eligible.
- Provides professional accounting services, management advice, and assistance to supported internal and external customers and organizations.
- Reviews and analyzes a wide variety of accounting documents, reports, policies, and procedures pertaining to multiple appropriation accounts.
- Reviews, analyzes and modifies operating programs, practices, and procedures related to assigned area.
- Establishes and monitors internal controls to identify problem areas, and determine actions required to improve operating program effectiveness.
- Leads in the research, compilation, and retrieval of key supporting documents to support audits.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel - Seldom (1-24%)