DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.
This position is located in the Department of Labor, Office of the Assistant for Secretary for Administration and Management (OASAM), Business Operations Center (BOC), Office of the Chief Procurement Officer, and Office of Cost Determination (OCD). OCD is responsible for the development and maintenance of a uniform approach to the determination of indirect costs and cost allocation plans, and the issuance of indirect cost rate agreements for the DOL contracts and grants.
This position serves as a senior accountant utilizing a professional knowledge of accounting principles and procedures in carrying out complex assignments. This position also serves as a key advisor to management in the area of indirect cost negotiations.
- This position is inside the bargaining unit.
- This position is Telework eligible.
- This position is at the full performance level and there is no promotion potential.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Learn more about this agency
As an Accountant you will:
- Conduct complex reviews of indirect cost proposals and cost allocation plans following regulations and approved internal guidance leading to the issuance of rate agreements and approval letters.
- Provides leadership, assistance and authoritative advice on the interpretation of governing policy in the specialized area of indirect cost negotiations.
- Reviews legislations and regulations to interpret for users and develops guidelines for program users.
- Conduct complex pre-award reviews of direct and indirect costs proposed by prospective contractors and prepare pre-award reports that could result in significant dollar savings to the Department and make the procurement process more effective and efficient.
- Develops and maintains a variety of personnel contacts with high level DOL officials, State and Local and private agencies, and other institutions to discuss cost elements and to provide guidance and assistance in the implementation cost policies, guides and procedures related to indirect cost function.
- Develops and presents training programs on cost principles, indirect cost and other related areas grant/contracts, DOL staff, state agencies and other connected parties.
- Research and resolves complex or controversial issues concerning audit findings on cost allocation plans, indirect cost rates and other areas under the jurisdiction of Office of Cost Determination on behalf of all Federal agencies and programs.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current/former Federal employees w/ competitive/reinstatement eligibility; ICTAP/CTAP eligibles in local commuting area; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligible. Qualified Land Management Eligibles.
Questions? This job is open to 4 groups.