The mission of the Office of Environmental Management (EM) is the accelerated risk reduction and cleanup of the environmental legacy of the nation's nuclear weapons program and government sponsored nuclear energy research. The program is one of the largest, diverse and technically complex environmental cleanup programs in the world and includes responsibility for the cleanup of 114 sites across the country. Based on the recommendations of the EM Top to Bottom review, the EM Consolidated Business Center (CBC) will provide essential business and technical services for EM
Learn more about this agency
closure sites leading up to, during, and after physical site closure. CBC provides key business and technical functions including human resource management, information management, legal services, procurement, financial management, logistics, and closure cadre support.
This position is located in the CBC Office of Financial Management. The incumbent participates in planning, performing, and follow-up activities directed toward providing customer management with independent and objective assessments of project and contractor activities,.
A successful candidate in this position will serve as an Accountant responsible for the application of accounting principles, theories, regulations, concepts and practices, with Comptroller Genreal Standards and DOE Policies to a wide variety of complicated situations and problems.
As a Full Performance Level GS-13 Accountant, you will:
- Oversee and perform a variety of customer and contractor reviews without precedent requiring considerable ingenuity in devising an approach.
- Utilize professional accounting and audit skills to maintain oversight for implementing appropriate laws, directives, and regulations of internal control programs and procedures.
- Perform desk audits of contractor provisional rate proposals, monthly invoices, incurred costs submissions, and contractor pre-award pricing proposals, prepare reports on findings.
- Participate in a crosscutting team assembled to reviews contractor earned value management systems (EVMS) for managing government projects to ensure American National Standards Institute standards are administered in accordance with DOE, GAO, and OMB regulations.
- Performs contract closeout reviews and advises the Contracting Officer on a variety of issues related to contract closeout issues, including reviewing the validity of unallowable cost issues, the adequacy of returned payments from the contractor.
Occasional travel - 10% or less travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- Current Federal employee with competitive status
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility
- CTAP/ICTAP eligibles
- Veterans with VEOA or VRA eligibility
- Those eligible under an OPM interchange agreement or special appointing authority
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.