Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
Learn more about this agency
For over two centuries The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 18-1145-SE-CC-M. APPLICANTS WHO WISH TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS. NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED DELEGATED EXAMINING ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in the Assistant Commandant for Resources, Director of Financial Operations, Finance Center, Accounting Operations Division, Chesapeake, VA.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
The selectee will provide accounting support for a variety of complex accounts.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include
- Establishing and maintaining control and subsidiary accounts for most or all types of classes which are inter-related, require extensive supporting schedules and analyses, involve extensive subdivisions with intermediate summary ledgers, and require frequent and varied adjustments.
- Reviewing, analyzing, classifying, and reconciling transactions, and commitment and obligation documents, traces, researches, and resolves discrepancies, reconciles accounts and prepares trial balances or schedules.
- Reviewing and analyzing reports/listings, classifies errors, takes corrective action to balance reports/listings, and verifies corrected copy, determines all transactions are properly processed and that total activity agrees with pre-determined control totals.
- Reviewing unliquidated obligation and back-up files, may liquidate obligations when notified of receive of goods/services, may be required to reconcile accounts and adjust them to reflect outstanding balances.
- Providing technical guidance to lower graded Accounting Technician or train Accounting Clerks and Technicians in operating procedures, policies, and regulations.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
This vacancy is open to all U.S. Citizens and is being advertised under delegated examining procedures.
For definitions of common terms found in this announcement click here
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.