The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: AcqDemo
Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under an Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA).
This public notice is to gather applications that may or may not result in a referral or selection.
Thank you for applying with USTRANCOM.
As a Acquisition Program Manager at the NH-1101-3/4 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Assess progress in assigned Information Technology projects/programs including cost estimates, schedules and performance supportability baseline requirements by applying known methods and procedures.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates activities of functional specialist including contracting, engineering, program control, configuration/data management, test and logistics.
- Reviews and directs the progress of contractors in meeting program objectives.
- Planning, organizing, and overseeing program management activities of the command.
- Interprets DoD and Service unique acquisition, logistics, and program management directives.
- Make periodic and comprehensive assessment and evaluation of program goals and objectives to provide a basis for long range planning.
- Represent the Command Acquisition Office on program related matters at higher levels within the organization, DoD and with contractor organizations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.