The city of Dayton, known as the birthplace of flight,
is located in the beautiful rolling hills of Southwestern Ohio and is within an
hour drive of Cincinnati and Columbus. The Dayton metropolitan has five
universities', affordable real estate, excellent school systems, museums,
theater, seasonal recreational opportunities, and is the home of
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, and the National Museum of the U.S. Air
Force. The Dayton VA Medical Center is a tertiary care facility that
provides acute, nursing home, mental health hospice/palliative, and domiciliary
care in an affiliated teaching and research environment. For more
information about the Dayton area, please visit: http://www.daytongcvb.com .
CURRENT VA EMPLOYEES PLEASE NOTE:
Please submit a complete application package prior to the closing
date, including latest SF-50 (please do not submit Award SF-50's).
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
For more information on the "Who may apply" eligibility requirements, please refer to the OHRM Status Candidates and Other Candidate Definitions document.
Learn more about this agency
Officer (AO) provides a variety of services essential to the direction, operation and functioning of the Service and independently plans and carries out all assigned projects in accordance with pre-established deadlines and agency policies. Incumbent is required to demonstrate leadership in delivering and improving holistic care through use of Relationship Based Care principles and collaborative strategies. The incumbent will be responsible to strategically plan and lead current and future development of the Telenurse Triage Program following guidelines set through from the National Leadership Council's Roadmap to Excellence. Provide Veterans personalized proactive, patient-driven health care, achieve measurable improvements in health outcomes, and align resources to delivery sustained value to Veterans. Additional responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Knowledgeable of TeleCare organization and business management practices within VISN 10 and with colleagues in 7 VISN's.
- Attends meetings and conferences with or in lieu of the Program Director and advises of actions required by the organization.
- Ability to act as the Service spokesperson concerning
administrative functions with facility management, VISN 10, 43 VA Medical Center individual customer sites and other pertinent organizations;
- Organize and coordinate administrative data relative to
statistical reports, daily reports, monthly reports, yearly reports, and
ongoing special actions;
- Responsible for the execution of the HR administrative management
responsibilities related to the accomplishment of the mission;
- Provides guidance to
TeleCare supervisors and staff on upcoming tasks;
- Provides recommendation, information, and/or guidance to staff on basic procedural, policy and/or regulatory requirements related to HR such as Staffing, Classification, Benefits, Awards, Employee and Labor Relations (ER/LR);
- Acts as a facilitator on individual ER/LR issues such as discipline, counseling, leave abuse, etc.;
- Provides administrative support to the Program Director, Call Center Nurse Manager and Call Center Manager on HR related documents, such as Organizational Charts, 6-part folders, position descriptions, functional statements, SF-52 personnel actions forms, performance appraisals, etc.;
- Conducts analysis on trends within the Service in HR areas such as awards;
- Serves as Budget Officer for the Telecare Programs, preparing budget formulation with input from both Telenurse Triage;
- Assures that subordinates are trained and fully comply with the provisions of the safety regulations.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Position Description Title/PD#:
Administrative Officer, GS-11/140120; Targeted - Administrative
Promotion Potential: The selectee
may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when
all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met.
Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full