This position is located in the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Chicago, IL Regional Office. The transit programs of Region V are characterized by the highest degree of complexity and sensitivity due to the number of persons served, the type and number of on-going projects, the involvement of large sums of money/complex financial arrangements, the coordination of different transit needs, the involvement of multiple governmental jurisdiction and the level of particularly complex; novel and politically sensitive issues.
Learn more about this agency
This position is perfect for an Administrative Officer with a wide variety of technical, operational and administrative functions including financial and human resources functions and activities in support of the of Financial Management & Program Oversight Office.
The Administrative Officer:
- Develops region's annual budget, including travel, training, printing, supplies and non-capitalized equipment, justifications for major equipment purchases and anticipated personnel change.
- Initiates personnel actions, ensures personnel actions are completed in timely manner, drafts background materials, processes new employees, assures completion of necessary documentation, inform employees of conduct and discipline policies, benefits and services, pay and leave administration, etc.
- Assists in space allocation, fixture installations, etc. (space management). Liaison with building management (GSA) on all office and building-wide matters (e.g. building evacuation procedures, etc.)
- Manages and maintains the conference room(s) and other shared office space.
- Maintains property records on furniture and office equipment, including systematic retention, transfer and disposal of furniture in accordance with established agency regulations. Prepares procurement requests, and perform other duties to ensure that the regional offices can function efficiently.
- Provides general administrative support to ensure the office runs effectively and efficiently (receives visitors/telephone calls, handles meeting logistics, maintain office equipment influencing copier, fax machine, printers, audio conferencing equipment, etc.
- Keeps an inventory of all equipment in regional office and provides inventory information to headquarters IT staff as appropriate.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
Current/former status employees, VEOA eligible veterans) are encouraged to also apply to: FTA.TSO-2017-0017.
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.