The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) and Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Camp Zama, Japan.
This is a Regular Part-time appointment. The salary shown is based on 40 hours per week. Regular Part-time is regularly scheduled 20 hours.
Duties for this position can be viewed Click here
- Oversees the administrative management of the reception area of a CYS Program.
- Receives children, youth, parents, and other visitors in a courteous manner. Answers main telephone, ascertain nature of call and direct caller to appropriate staff takes a message or personally provides desired information.
- Utilizes Child and Youth Management System (CYMS) to oversee the collection, accurate accounting and reporting of funds; and to collect and maintain up-to-date statistical data for planning and reporting purposes
- Utilizes an electronic cash register system and calculator to compute and record individual transactions for customers and to enter data into predefined categories for regulatory-signed statistical reports and tracking of income data.
- Provides administrative support including typing/word processing, mail preparation, copying, distribution, telephone calls, and travel orders for CYS personnel.
- Using office automation equipment and word processing software, prepares a variety of correspondence, memorandums, briefings and Daily Activity and other reports required for day-to-day operation.
- Maintains records, files, statistical data, and suspense system. Initiates Civilian Personnel actions and helps track background clearance checks. Assists in maintaining leave records, and time and attendance records.
- Understands and articulates policies relating to patron fees, waiting lists and program events.
- Coordinates vacancies and reservations for the hourly care program as required. Works cooperatively with Resource and Referral to track program vacancies and occupancy rates as required.
- Ensures risk management procedures (i.e., abuse prevention, identification, and reporting procedures; accident prevention, etc.) are followed.
- Monitors supplies and resources. Orders office supplies. Assists in facility key control.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.