Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1961971
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise – "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The El Paso VAHCS is part of VISN 17 Network, and is a standalone ambulatory care facility with over 900 employees and growing. This opportunity offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, liberal vacation and predictable work hours.
This is an opportunity to move to the Great Southwest, where shopping and museums are right in town and camping, horseback riding, biking, hiking, alpines and cross country skiing, snow tubing, Indian casinos are so close as two hours away.
El Paso is a jewel in the desert. El Paso is the 6th largest city in the state of Texas, with a population of 700,000. Nestled between the rugged Franklin Mountains and the historic Rio Grande, this dynamic community combines the advantages of a major metropolitan center with the ambience and neighborly charm of a modern western town. This is a multicultural experience as it is situated on the boarder of two nations and three states.
El Paso provides abundant cultural and entertainment opportunities, year-round sports and outdoor recreation, the lowest crime rate of any major city in the continental US, some of the best weather conditions on the planet. The sun shines 300 days a year! It has affordable housing, an extremely favorable low cost of living index, a medical school, several universities and a community college. We are a cosmopolitan community; and people from all over the world come here to live, work, do business, get an education, or retire.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Current VA and/or Federal employees should apply under VIN 1961972
As an Advance Medical Support Assistant, you will provide medical administrative support to effectively carry out day-to-day administrative operations within a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT). The incumbent plays an integral role in identifying and developing ways to resolve problems with the administrative and clinical staff on access, customer service, patient flow, revenue, and data validation issues.
- Ensure proper utilization of work in an efficient manner;
- Oversee the scheduling of appointments;
- Cancel or reschedule patient's appointments;
- Enter no show information;
- Manage the Electronic Wait List and Veterans Choice list;
- Prepare for clinic visits;
- Ensure encounter forms are completed in order to obtain appropriate workload credit;
- Verify and update demographic information;
- Interpret and verify provider orders in accordance with VHA national scheduling guidelines;
- Process all emergency and non-emergency transfers to other VA facilities or private hospitals; and
- Perform basic eligibility, co-pays and preauthorization requirements for specific coverage.
Duty Location: 1635 Don Roser, Las Cruces, NM 88001
Work Schedule: Monday Friday, 8:00 am to 4:45 pm
Functional Statement Title/#: Advance Medical Support Assistant