1 vacancy in the following location:
TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
This position is located at the 149th MAI SQ, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The purpose of this position is to analyze malfunctions, troubleshoot, remove, install, repair, modify, maintain, test, align, calibrate and certify the components of the aircraft electrical system the electronically and pneumatically controlled environmental system, and associated test equipment, and to certify these systems are air worthy, by intensive inspections of the Electrical/Electronic and Environmental System and peripherals.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard (TXANG) and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the TXANG must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the TXANG. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a recruiter at 210-925-6016 before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide. This includes:
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard, and
- All individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Learn more about this agency
- This is an Indefinite position which may convert to a permanent position at a later date without further competition
- This announcement is open for one year or until filled, whichever comes first. Applicants will be reviewed and referred (as applicable) to the selecting supervisor after 30 days.
- May be required to work shifts.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
Aircraft Electrician (Target Grade WG-11)
- Performs functional tests, analyzes performance and troubleshoots the electronic, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical functions of the subsystems integrated into the digital brake/antiskid system, maintenance annunciation panel (MAP) system of the integrated main generator, standby generator, emergency generator, flight control power, AC/DC power distribution and sub-systems integrated into the electronic/electrical and environmental systems.
- Removes, repairs, calibrates, installs, aligns, inspects, and conducts operational performance checkouts on the components of the electronic/electrical and environmental systems.
- Provides technical guidance, advice and/or assistance to other work centers on the interrelationship of electronic/electrical and environmental systems and their respective system, to include flight controls, offensive fire control radar, weapon release, communications, hydraulic, fuel, engine and egress.
- Processes and accounts for supply assets in the repairable processing system to maintain aircraft records, inspection records, and equipment maintenance in computer systems (CAMS).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Descriptions (PDs) can be found at the following link:
How to Apply
Fair & Transparent