THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-2181-13 AIRCRAFT FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR, Position Description Number D0610000 in SPMD 4142 and is part of the MO Army Aviation Support Facility Ft Leonard Wood.
Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is an Indefinite Excepted Service position. Management has the right to convert this position to permanent status without re-advertising. This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Plans and implements flight training and instruction for rated pilots in accordance with the Aircrew Training Manual (ATM).
- Adjusts course material to meet individual needs.
- Trains, instructs and evaluates pilots in operating aircraft using advanced instrument flight techniques.
- Instructs pilots in methods of instruction and evaluates instructor pilots proficiency to engage in flight
- Instructs pilots in operating advanced attack helicopters or heavy multi-engine advanced transport helicopters.
- Trains pilots in the full range of aircraft maneuvers required in combat situations.
- Conducts refresher, mission and continuation training in light fixed wing or utility and observer helicopters.
- Trains pilots in basic and advanced techniques required to support the pilot's unit mission.
- Conducts training flights, training pilots in advanced flight techniques required in combat situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.