About the Agency
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT LOADMASTER (INSTRUCTOR), Position Description Number D1632000 and is part of the HI 204 AS, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
HAWAII AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
LOCATION: 204th Airlift Squadron, Hawaii Air National Guard, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
RECRUITMENT AREA 1: Present enlisted members (E8 and below) of the Hawaii Air National Guard
RECRUITMENT AREA 2: Present enlisted members (E8 and below) of the US Armed Forces in the State of Hawaii
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: This position is primarily responsible for providing ground and flight training instruction for developing, upgrading, and evaluating the skills of loadmaster aircrew members; assisting the pilot in the operation of the aircraft; performing loadmaster duties on assigned missions; and accomplishing related staff work.
- Conducts loadmaster training to ensure worldwide capability. Training includes initial and mission qualification as well as continuation, upgrade and specialized training.
- Provides direct assistance to the aircraft Pilot
- Performs preflight inspection of the interior and exterior of the aircraft, to include engines, fuselage, and control surfaces for mechanical and structural soundness. Functionally checks all aircraft systems, flight instruments, and onboard computers e.g., Communications Navigation Identification Unit, Heads Down Display (HDD), the Self Contained Navigation System (SCNS), Inertial Navigation System (INS), Traffic Alert and Collision Avoiding System (TCAS), Ground Collision Avoidance System (GCAS) and Multi-functional Control Display.
- Reviews aircraft maintenance documentation and ensures aircraft maintenance status complies with the command operating restrictions and the applicable flight manual.
- During all aircraft operations, monitors engine and aircraft system performance, analyzes instrument readings, and identifies abnormal indications or system malfunctions.
- Accomplishes loadmaster functions.
- Prior to flight, accomplishes preflight checks, inspection, acceptance, and operation of all aircraft loading equipment, and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description (D1632000) located online, on the FASCLASS website. https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fs_output.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRtaToL2jr7lGuam0buidbZKXl6VSf2qCRtyUbYWdmKZUfw%3D%3D