THESE ARE NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITIONS.
These National Guard positions are for three for a WG-6652-11 AIRCRAFT ORDNANCE SYSTEMS MECHANIC (TITLE 32)S, Position Description Number D1736P01 in FAC 22B100 and is part of the MO 131st Bomb Wing.
Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: These positions are Permanent Excepted Service positions. These are a bargaining unit positions.
- Operates, analyzes performance, troubleshoots, inspects, installs, maintains, overhauls, repairs and modifies operational ordnance system(s) and subsystems consisting of numerous complex electronic components in fighter
- Analyzes performance and isolate malfunctions to individual subsystems and or components.
- Reviews and analyzes aircrew debriefs and data transfer equipment information to aid in resolving in-flight discrepancies encountered.
- Isolates unusual system anomalies within the complete system using technical manuals, schematics, logic and wiring diagrams, tools and test equipment including automatic test equipment.
- Solves aircraft ordnance malfunctions by analyzing the installation, circuitry and operating characteristics of the electronic ordnance system.
- Isolates malfunctions and identifies if failures are in specific LRU's, aircraft weapons, avionics multiplex data bus matrix assemblies, or aircraft digital data wiring.
- Performs bench checks to determine extent of repair needed and accomplishes Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) and modifications of components and software and tests for proper operation.
- Ensures all munitions are inventoried at the start and completion of the work shift.
- Adjusts, installs and removes cartridges and squibs for tanks and pylons and chaff/flare systems.
- performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.