Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Learn more about this agency
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
The purpose of this position is to plan, develop, coordinate and evaluate a comprehensive Dental Program for approximately 175,000 Native Americans in Arizona, Nevada, Utah and California for the Phoenix Area IHS. This position is located in the Office of Health Programs at the Phoenix Area Indian Health Service, Phoenix AZ. This position will report to the Division Director, Clinical & Preventive Services, in the Office of Health Programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- The work is complex and requires highly developed skills in planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating both administrative and programmatic operations. Often, policy making or precedent setting decision are made which influences both patient and program operations.
- Provides direct patient care within the scope of clinical privileges.
- Works on a day-to-day basis with Division supervisors in top management discussions, decisions, policy making, and sharing full accountability in management actions.
- Works on special assignments.
- Recommends and initiates program improvements and modifications utilizing automated systems and meets the changing needs of Indian Health Service (IHS) while making the best use of all available resources.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority; All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA); Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) eligible; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible; Schedule A, and/or PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel
Questions? This job is open to 4 groups.