About the Agency
This position is located in the Financial Planning Division, Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Office of the Executive Director, Bureau of Diplomatic Security. The Financial Planning Branch is responsible for planning, analyzing, formulating, and presenting the Bureau's annual financial plans and budgets and for providing advice and guidance to program managers throughout the Bureau in analyzing and estimating resource requirements for financial plans.
The incumbent serves as a senior Budget Analyst with responsibility for providing technical guidance in a wide variety of administrative and analytical duties related to program/budget planning with formulation, justification, and presentation for the Bureau.
This position is eligible for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
- Provides technical guidance on a wide variety of administrative and analytical duties related to program/budget planning with formulations, justifications, and presentations for the Bureau.
- Serves as a financial planning advisor to the Chief Financial Officer, and management officials throughout the Bureau, especially in estimating short and long-range financial requirements for a wide range of diplomatic security programs and activities.
- Oversees the interpretation of legislative and regulatory guidance, prepares financial estimates and reviews of budget submissions to ensure they are consistent with Bureau and Department policies, plans, and priorities.
- Develops cost factors, ratios, tests, and other means of evaluating the status of funds for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Interprets budget policy, coordinates and plans budget services, management of resources and forecasts budgetary trends and activities; Researches and applies a wide range of and/or quantitative methods to identify, assess, analyze and improve project effectiveness, efficiency and work products.
- Gathers, compares and correlates prior year and current year expenditures and conducts trend analyses to establish baseline budgetary data for inclusion in the budget estimating process.