This position is located in the Office of Administration, where you can ignite your career in public policy and information management with the only federal agency dedicated to ending homelessness and building strong, inclusive communities across America. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) gives the most vulnerable Americans the opportunity to thrive and succeed. HUD’s Office of Administration (OA) propels that mission by giving HUD programs what they need to work faster, smarter, and better.
Imagine a government agency where fully digital work flows replace outdated forms and paper-based processes; or where critical information is accessible to those who need it, available for public scrutiny when appropriate, and fully protected from unauthorized access, in real-time. Envision what the government of the future should be: agile, responsive, efficient, accountable. HUD’s Office of Administration is making that vision a reality every day, because the vulnerable and homeless deserve no less. Join us in inventing the future of government today.
Successful candidates to this one-of-a-kind team will be versatile leaders who:
- Enjoy the challenge of a diverse portfolio
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
- Are ready to learn and grow through innovation and risk-taking
- Have a passion for getting it done
- Welcome opportunities to hone and broaden their subject matter expertise and to advance and diversify their careers at every level
If you are passionate about good government, excited about innovating, craving technology solutions, and want to have fun while having an impact--HUD’s Office of Administration is the place for you!
Learn more about this agency
As a Budget Analyst, you will:
- Perform a wide variety of administrative and analytical duties connected with the review, justification and presentation of the budgets for the Office of Administration.
- Provide authoritative interpretations of Congressional legislation and OMB policies and precedents.
- Make determinations and projections through the use of various financial reports, for use in budget formulation.
- Prepare materials for data books and briefings to senior management in connection with press briefings and congressional committee hearings.
- Monitor allotments to ensure compliance with established procedures, policies and goals, and initiate changes and make recommendations relative to requested changes as required.