This position is in the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Western Federal Lands Highway Division (WFLHD), Office of Program Administration, Financial Management Office, in Vancouver, WA. WFLHD is responsible for administering the Federal Lands Highway (FLH) Program throughout six Northwestern States. The purpose of this position is to enhance FHWA’s program stewardship, ensure accountability and funds management controls of Federal funds, and achieve organizational excellence in delivering programs and projects administered by FLH. The incumbent provides financial management advice and coordinates WFLHD funding activities with FHWA/FLH Headquarters, as well as with Federal, State, and local agencies. In this capacity, the incumbent performs complex duties in the areas of financial management and funding analysis that support and advance WFLHD’s cross-disciplinary matrix organization of program and project management controls.
Learn more about this agency
Ideal Candidate Statement: The ideal candidate for this position has a strong budget/accounting background and excellent organizational skills. The individual should possess strong communication skills to provide both oral and written guidance to employees and management as well as the ability to negotiate and obtain consensus.
As a Budget Analyst, you will:
- Monitors and track allocations, obligations, recoveries, expenditures, and unobligated balances for WFLHD support funding and any funding administered or provided to WLFHD for projects.
- Closely coordinate and collaborate with WFLHD’s various Program Managers and Project Managers to facilitate determination of funding needs, evaluate the availability of funds, and coordinate activities to ensure obligations/expenditures do not exceed allotment/allocations.
- Analyze funding balances to identify potential funding shortfalls and identify anomalies.
- Assist in the management and administration of the current year budget covering the preliminary engineering and construction engineering budgets for WFLHD’s Programs and funded by others.
- Assist in promoting and providing direction on program and funding procedures with FLH/FHWA Headquarters; other FLH and Federal-aid Division Offices; and Federal, State, and local agencies.
Occasional travel - Less than 25%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
Applicants eligible for status
consideration (i.e., current/former status employees, VEOA eligible veterans) are encouraged to also apply to: FHWA.WFL-2017-0067.
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.