Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
Learn more about this agency
The organizational location of this position is: 709 CYBER CAPS SQ, PATRICK AFB, FL
The primary purpose of this position is: The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the principal senior systems engineer for all efforts to modernize the legacy IT Enterprise at Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) and supporting locations.
- Serves as the senior technical authority for the transforming AFTAC IT Enterprise in a state of the art IT infrastructure supporting AFTAC missions to include major Research and Development initiatives.
- Lead special projects and initiatives and performs special assignments. Identifies the need for special projects and initiates milestones and goals. Evaluates reports by analyzing facts and performing appropriate research.
- Assesses IT system requirements and collaborates with the International Data Centers to identify common requirements. Updates and documents requirements to accomplish goals for the Treaty Monitoring Directorate, the Materials Technolgy Directorates.
- Evaluates technical and operational environment resource impact of developed and proposed solutions, estimates total costs of viable options, including cost for equipment, engineering support, training, installation, quality control.
- Responsibilities are characterized by large, complex and unique IT projects with many conflicting priorities and resources.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.