Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
04/16/2018 to 04/25/2018
$61,218 to $79,586 per year
Pay scale & grade
1 vacancy in the following location:
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
See "Who May Apply" in the "Qualifications" section for more information on who is eligible to apply for this position.
About the Position: Defense Contract Management Agency uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals directly into shortage category or critical need acquisition positions.
Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
Individuals in this four-year Emergency-Essential (deployable) status can expect repeated deployments to combat locations overseas in support of contingency operations as mission requirement are determined. These locations are typically in a designated combat zone. Generally, the deployed work locations have power, water, heating, and air conditioning, although outages should be expected. The living conditions will vary widely: ranging from having all basic amenities such as light, power, water, refrigeration, to not having one or more of these amenities. Environmental conditions at work locations may range from excessive heat and humidity to extreme cold and rainy.
Physical demands during deployment include: Lifting a minimum of 45 pounds, ability to hear and wake up to warning alarms and hear instructions in the absence of visual cues, live in austere working and sleeping environments, and the ability to wear personal protective equipment, including protective masks, ballistic helmet, body armor, and chemical/biological protective garments.
- Monitors contractor performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, contract data reporting requirements, and other contractual requirements.
- Resolves delivery schedule problems with contractor and buying activity, and negotiates delivery schedule changes.
- Negotiates with contractors for consideration when delinquencies occur.
- Negotiates directly with the contractor regarding final price agreement and prepares supplemental agreement for the contracting officer's signature.
- Assists the ACO by coordinating with functional specialists responsible for conducting accounting, compensation, purchasing, property, and other systems reviews.
- Evaluates contractor compliance with applicable contract clauses, e.g., small business, patent rights, labor laws, and progress reports.
50% or less - Business Travel is required 40% of the time.
How to Apply
Fair & Transparent