The Bureau of Indian Education's mission is to provide quality education opportunities from early childhood through life in accordance with the tribes' needs for cultural and economic well-being and in keeping with the wide diversity of Indian tribes and Alaska Native villages as distinct cultural and governmental entities.
Mission: The Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute prepares our culturally diverse Native American students as life-long learners through partnerships with tribes, employers and other organizations. We establish a strong educational foundation for student success.
This position is part of the Bureau of Indian Education, Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute, College Operations, Business Office. As a Contract Specialist you will function as a Contracting Officer with specific delegated authority for simplified acquisitions which include a variety of conventional and specialized purchases up to the currently established Federal Acquisitions Requests (FAR) for simplified acquisitions up to $150,000.00 threshold requirements. Responsible for: pre-award phase, awarding of procurement or contracts; contract administration functions; assure compliance with contract provisions; develop and maintain files of contracts/purchase orders/charge cards; prepare and provide various types of reports to appropriate personnel; prepare and provide various types of requested information to appropriate personnel; oversight and monitoring of Government Purchase Cards within the SIPI.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian preference eligibles that are not currently employed in the Federal service may be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7).
Learn more about this agency
- TRAVEL AND RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE AUTHORIZED. Any relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty will be the responsibility of the selected employee.
- GOVERNMENT HOUSING IS NOT AVAILABLE.
- Candidate selected for this position must meet conflict of interest requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (Form SF-450, Executive Branch Confidential Financial Disclosure Report).
As a Contract Specialist GS-1102-11, your typical work assignments may include but not limited to:
- Function as a Contracting Officer with specific delegated authority for simplified acquisitions which include a variety of conventional and specialized purchases up to the currently established Federal Acquisitions Requests (FAR) for simplified acquisitions up to $150,000.00 threshold requirements.
- Responsible for: pre-award phase, awarding of procurement or contracts, contract administration functions.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions.
- Develop and maintain files of contracts/purchase orders/charge cards.
- Prepare and provide reports on a monthly, quarterly, or for special requests.
- Prepare and provide requested information on a monthly, quarterly, yearly; or for special requests.
- Oversight and monitoring of Government Purchase Cards within SIPI.
Occasional travel - Work requires travel away from the duty station sometimes to attend meetings, conferences, and visit other offices. Travel involves transit via airplane and motor vehicle.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Indian Preference Eligibles/Current Status or Former Career Status Federal Employees with Reinstatement Eligibility/VEOA Eligibles
Questions? This job is open to 4 groups.