The selectee for this position will serve as a Contract Specialist in the Regional Contracting Office of MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP PENDLETON.
Learn more about this agency
THIS IS AN EXPEDITED HIRING AUTHORITY ANNOUNCEMENT. The Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) FY 2009 provides that the Secretary of Defense can designate acquisition positions as shortage positions and recruit and appoint highly qualified persons to these positions. This announcement is open to accept resumes from candidates interested in helping the Department of the Navy meet our mission requirements for the acquisition of systems, equipment and facilities.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Review request for the procurement of complex equipment, supplies, and services.
- Conduct market research, prepare Determinations and Findings, review justifications for sole source, and assist in the preparation of acquisition strategies.
- Prepare and advertise solicitation documents, locate sources for competitions, and conduct pre-solicitation conferences.
- Monitor contractor performance and completion schedule required by the contract.
- Issue modifications to initiate contract changes and to exercise option years.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.