***IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ANNOUNCEMENT***
Learn more about this agency
*This announcement is included as part of our upcoming job fair*
**Applicants who attend the Job Fair will receive first consideration**
The Job Fair will take place at the Fort Carson Special Events Center, Bldg. 1829, 6550 Specker Avenue, Fort Carson, CO 80913 between the hours of 9 am to 1 pm and again from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm on 23 May 2018.
Dress for success! Interviews will be conducted and on-the-spot job offers may be extended.
**Things to bring**
Transcripts/Diploma/Certificates listed below in the announcement
Government ID (Driver's License, State Issued ID, Military Dependent ID, etc.)
Social Security Card
Optional Documents listed below to support a claimed priority/preference (spouse, veteran, etc.)
Invitations for pre-registered applicants will be sent out between 05/15/2018 and 05/18/2018. If you apply after 05/18/2018, invitations will be sent on 05/21/2018 and 05/22/2018. Please print out the invitation and bring it with you.
Applicants who are unable to attend the job fair will be referred to the selecting official for the next available positions.
Fort Carson, "The Mountain Post," is located just south of Colorado Springs at the base of the Rocky Mountains. The unparalleled beauty and mild climate of Colorado Springs make it a gateway to a wide variety of outdoor activities. Many internationally known ski areas and some of the nation's most scenic parks and finest hunting and fishing areas are located within a short drive. Fort Carson Families have easy access to the many cultural attractions of "The Springs" and the bright lights of nearby Denver.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-Citizens worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at one of the Child and Youth Services facilities in Fort Carson, Colorado.
- Plans and coordinates the preparation of meals based on master menus. Reviews recipes, menus, and worksheets to determine ingredients needed to prepare various menu items for regular or modified diets for children with special needs.
- Prepares and cooks all types of foods. Evaluates final food products and recommends changes in recipes for improvement of flavor, texture, and appearance.
- Continuously monitors cooking times and temperatures to ensure safe preparation and completion of cooking according to food service schedules. Uses basic math skills to modify recipes for large quantities and to determine portion sizes.
- Delivers and collects meal/snack carts from facility areas to kitchen. Meets with food and nutrition specialists to coordinate food orders, menu plans, infant feeding plans, and to determine substitutions for special diets.
- Follows precautions to ensure safe food preparation, storage, and kitchen sanitation. Cleans dishes, ovens, refrigerators, ranges, work surfaces, and similar areas as required to maintain compliance with standards.
- Plans for the delivery and the loading/unloading of food and supplies. Keeps records on food used, portions prepared, meals served, and inventory.
- Observes the work of lower graded cooks to ensure they are following instructions related to food service. Provides on-the-job training. Assists youth cooking clubs/health and fitness programs as required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.