Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas.
Learn more about this agency
Vacancy Information: This position is located in DFAS - ACCOUNTING OPERATIONS - COLUMBUS
- Provides customer service and responds to customer inquiries for all contractor and vendor invoice payment issues including late payment, underpayment or overpayment of invoices.
- Uses automated pay systems to research, analyze and resolve customer service issues.
- Identifies accounts receivables, erroneously taken discounts or failure to take discounts, improperly paid interest, input errors, refunds, duplicate payments or other problem situations.
- Receives, researches, analyzes, and answers telephone and written inquiries concerning functions related to contractor and vendor pay.
- Discusses problems and questions related to contractor and vendor pay and provides immediate answers to inquiries.
- Explains and/or assists inquirers in the preparation of various forms and documents.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.