The VA North Texas Health Care System (VANTHCS) in Dallas, Texas is seeking a dynamic dentist-executive to serve as the Chief of Dental Service. The successful candidate will be a board-certified, highly competent, energetic dentist with demonstrated excellence as a leader, a passion for teamwork and continuous improvement, and a record of embracing systems redesign principles. An individual who is qualified for a teaching appointment at one of the affiliate universities is preferred.
Learn more about this agency
Some of the duties of this position are but not limited to:
- Maintaining professional, technical, and administrative knowledge, competencies, and skills to provide effective, timely and quality responses to patients' clinical needs and problems;
- Complying with credentialing and privileging and other monitoring and evaluation requirements;
- Maintaining high clinical standards that are carried into decision-making processes
- Taking an active role as a management team member, providing advice and counseling in accomplishing the medical center's and service's mission and goals;
- Promoting constructive problem resolution in an environment of competing priorities and promote the development of health care professionals through counseling, mentoring, teaching, and encouraging self-assessment
- Complying with current standards for medical record documentation; and
- Conducting meetings with staff to assess progress and performance of the clinic.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
A RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE MAY BE AWARDED TO A HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE.
Occasional travel - Some travel to other sites within the VANTHCS.