This position is located in the U.S. Mint, Office of the Director, Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). The Office of the CAO is responsible for the U.S. Mint’s overall administrative activities and functions; and consists of the following areas: corporate communications, legislative and intragovernmental affairs, information technology, human capital, executive secretariat, and finance. This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer. The incumbent maintains direct responsibility for Strategy and Communications throughout the Mint; and is delegated full line authority and maximum responsibility for directing, integrating, and coordinating execution of all functions and operations necessary to accomplish assigned missions.
Learn more about this agency
As a Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, you will:
- Receive broad policy guidance from the Chief Administrative Officer, Deputy Director and/or Director of the United States Mint, and provides executive leadership and direction in the development, coordination, and integration of assigned mission, functions, and operations
- Assure that authorized plans and programs of the subordinate elements are properly executed, and that Mint senior leadership is kept informed on the overall conditions and trends in each element on all major activities affecting them.
- Ensure optimum utilization of resources to achieve organization structure and staffing patterns.
- Ensure that adequate internal control systems are developed for the assigned functions.
- Recommend the establishment of internal management procedures for all organizational elements of the assigned mission areas and assists in program evaluation.
- Develop policies across a broad spectrum of administrative areas, and makes recommendations for revision of policies when necessary to correct wide scale defects.
- Visit Mint Field Sites, as required, to evaluate the accomplishment of assigned objectives.
25% or less - 1 to 5 nights per month.