This position is located within the VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Diagnostic Imaging Service. Interventional technologists (IR) performs procedures such as digital angiography including, peripheral angiography, visceral angiography and cerebralangiography, interventional & therapeutic procedures.
Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7:30 am- 4:00 pm (irregular and variable depending upon needs and on call participation is required)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Duties includes but may not be limited to:
- Accepts and positions the patients into IR suite, monitors patient during all phases of appropriate examination(s) and removes patient from the respected system(s) upon completion of imaging acquisition(s)
- Train new employees, residents and fellows regarding technical aspects of digital angiography and vascular intervention,non-vascular interventions, and myelography
- Performs neuroangiography, including spine,head and neck studies utilizing highly sophisticated x-ray equipment
- Performs peripheral and visceralangiography of the abdominal systems and extremities
- Performs myelography of the complete spine utilizing digital fluoroscopy/patient immobilizers
- Works with the radiologist as a member ofthe radiographic team
- Responsible for the intravenous and intraarterial injection of contrast media
- Performs image reconstructions on advanced workstations as directed by the radiologist or as part of a given study
- Maintains records and files of exams performed on patients
- Other duties as assigned.