Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Learn more about this agency
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
This is a Direct Hire Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) for a Permanent Full-Time, Part-Time, or Intermittent Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (CT) for the Radiology Department at the Whiteriver Service Unit (WRSU) in Whiteriver, Arizona. Qualified candidates with a complete application will be considered for current or future vacancies as they occur. Veteran's Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applications do not apply to this vacancy announcement.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Performs quality control, required daily calibration, and records appropriate performance.
- Reviews and evaluates developed x-rays or computer-generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Operates and oversees operation of radiologic or magnetic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
- Positions imaging equipment and adjusts controls to set exposure time and distance according to specification of examination.
- Evaluates exam orders for appropriateness, prepares CT suite, and provides education and assessment to the patient.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.