The Chief of the Domiciliary for the Behavioral Health Service, who will serve as the administrative and professional leader for the domiciliary at the Leavenworth campus. The facility (125 beds) is designed and functions as a Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program, providing treatment tracks for depression, trauma recovery, dual diagnosis, and substance abuse.
Learn more about this agency
This position can be filled with a Psychologist, Social Worker, LPMHC, or Nurse.
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing policies relating to all phases of domiciliary care in coordination with various clinical, allied health, and administrative services within the Medical Center.
- Responsibility for the planning, development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluating of program operations.
- Serving as a professional leader of a broad-based, interdisciplinary health care team, and manager of a complex health care program.
- Responsibility for the ongoing supervision of a wide variety of health care professionals assigned to domiciliary-based direct patient care and support activities.
- Developing and reporting estimates of budget requirements based on past experience, anticipated workload, and the production capability of the domiciliary services.
- Developing partnerships with community providers to facilitate outreach and discharge planning.
- Coordinating with Vocational Rehabilitation Services and Employment Services for the provision of these services based on the individual needs of the Veterans and ensuring participation in these activities takes place at the earliest appropriate point in the residential rehabilitation process.
- Coordinating the recruitment and selection of staff associated with positions under his/her direct supervision.
- Compiling data and evaluating the results against appropriate standards and recommending corrective action where indicated.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, may be required to be available nights and weekends for consultation and crisis intervention
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.