The selectee for this position will serve as a DRUG DEMAND REDUCTION COORDINATOR in the Marine and Family Service Branch of MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP BUTLER.
Learn more about this agency
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Provide education awareness on illegal drugs and alcohol abuse to military/civilian personnel and their family members.
- Develop, maintain and review professional material, news medium, lesson plans, resource guides, films and other resources to support the Drug Demand Reduction (DDR) program.
- Continuously oversee and conduct on going needs assessments of the local military and civilian communities regarding substance abuse and develop and revise the DDR program as needed.
- Compile and submit reports to the Commanding General that outline the DDR plan to reduce drug related incidents.
- Presents current and applicable substance abuse information to all Marines and Sailors at pre-deployment briefs and will analyze and develop curriculum to meet the specific substance abuse threats found in the country where the deployment is to occur.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.