There are only 2 vacancies that will be duty stationed in either of the following locations: Washington, DC, Albuquerque, NM, Minneapolis, MN or Phoenix, AZ
Learn more about this agency
The Bureau of Indian Education's mission is to provide quality education opportunities from early childhood through life in accordance with the tribes' needs for cultural and economic well-being and in keeping with the wide diversity of Indian tribes and Alaska Native villages as distinct cultural and governmental entities.
This position is part of the Chief Academic Officer, Bureau of Indian Education. As a Education Research Analyst you will be responsible for professional education research work.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian preference eligibles that are not currently employed in the Federal service may be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7).
As a Education Research Analyst GS-1730-12/13, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Provide leadership to research operations and serve as analyst and manager of data collections and databases for use in developing required reports, documents, and other publications related to student achievement and other measures, including Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) standards.
- Develop data elements of research plans and relevant strategies that utilize valid statistical and mathematical concepts, models, and simulations.
- Identify appropriate research methodologies and data resource requirements.
- Develop project reports for distribution on a regular ar ad-hoc basis to internal BIE and external stakeholders including Central Office staff, Education Resource Centers (ERC) staff, schools collaborative researchers, and the general public, U.S. Department of the Interior, and the U.S. Department of Education.
- Identify precise operational definitions of the data elements, data sources, and reporting formats for various performance management and accountability requirements.
Occasional travel - Work requires travel away from the duty station to assist specialists on field projects, attend meetings, conferences, and visit other offices.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Bureau Wide/Indian Preference Eligibles/Current Status or Former Career Status Federal Employees with Reinstatement Eligibility/VEOA Eligibles
Questions? This job is open to 4 groups.