2 vacancies in the following location:
Come be a part of one of the largest digital information facilities in the world!
Learn more about this agency
Established by Congress in 1861, GPO is transforming itself as an agency and as a business. We provide other agencies with innovative services for the printing, publishing, storage, and distribution of digital content. The public will enjoy permanent access to digital government information, acquiring it quickly, easily, and with confidence in its authenticity. GPO employees are proud of their abilities and passionate about their craft. Whether your expertise is in putting ink on paper, commanding a digital output system, or engineering the delivery of information online, we would like to talk to you.
This position is part of the Plant Operations, Government Publishing Office in Washington , District of Columbia.
The Selectee will work shift 1 Monday- Friday and a tour of duty from 6:45 am - 3:15 pm.
This position is located in the Electrical Branch of the Facilities Division. This position has the responsibility for designing and making modifications to bindery equipment and maintaining the GPO facility. The incumbent must provide specialist capability for the installation, diagnosis, repair and preventative maintenance of the facility.
This vacancy is also being announced under Merit Promotion procedures. If you wish to be considered under Merit Promotion or non-competitive procedures, you must apply to announcement number 17-10105408-MP-ELW for consideration.
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement.
As aElectrician, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Installs, maintains, and repairs electronic circuits and components.
- This equipment includes, but is not limited to, silicon control rectifier, frequency modulated drives, programmable logic controllers, and other microprocessor based multitasked automated processing systems.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs electronic systems to the component level, and replaces as necessary devices and equipment such as transistors, resistors, capacitors, relays, timers, integrated circuits, disc drives, hard drives, SIMS and other solid state and modular components.
- Implements and maintains procedural and technical methods of equipment controls to ensure proper operation and conformity with safety standards.
- Installs and repairs transformers, electric motors, welders, power distribution equipment, power supplies, uninterruptible power sources, conditioning equipment and various graphic arts equipment to include printing and bindery equipment.
- Designs and fabricates electrical and electronic components utilizing devices with the appropriate resistance, impedance, insulation characteristics or other design parameters as necessary to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Troubleshoots new and existing electrical circuits, equipment, and controls; conduits, panel boards, brand circuits feeders, lightning and other electrical equipment, within the requirements and guidelines of the National Electrical Code and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
How to Apply
Fair & Transparent