1 vacancy in the following location:
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Learn more about this agency
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE"). America's Veterans need you!
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. Contact the Agency Contact for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
Employee will serve as an Electrician within Maintenance and Repair Section, Engineering Service located at the Donald J. Mitchell VA Outpatient Clinic in Rome, NY. Duties will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Install, modify, repair, maintain, troubleshoot, test and load new and existing electrical lines, circuits, systems and associate fixtures, controls, and equipment.
- Work from building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, engineering, drawings, and electrical maintenance and repair manuals to plan and lay out the routing, placement type, size, gauge, balance, load, continuity and safe operation of systems.
- Trace hard to locate defects or problems associated with the completion of repairs and installations.
- Determine and places distribution panels, boxes, fittings, and connections.
- Install wiring, couplings, conduit, relays, fixtures, transformers and other electrical devices.
- Interpret and apply the National Electrical Code, local codes, building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams and engineering drawings.
- Use trade formulas to calculate common properties (such as voltage, voltage drop and current capability in series and parallel circuits, resistance, inductance, capacitance, power factor, current flow, and temperature and length in single and multiple raceways, conduits, gutters and cable trays.
Work schedule: M-F, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available.
Position Description Title/PD#: Electrician/ 01200-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
How to Apply
Fair & Transparent