The selectee for this position will serve as a Electronics Technician in the U.S. Naval Ship Repair Facility and Japan Regional Maintenance Center of NAVAL SHIP REPAIR FACILITY.
Learn more about this agency
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
"Welcome to the Pacific" magazine link: https://epub.stripes.com/Welcome-to-Pacific-JO_120816
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference eligibles residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Responsible for implementing/managing policies and processes in support of Fleet Modernization and Interoperability.
- Performs critical analysis and evaluation of installations done at the major system level to ensure total integration and system compatibility for deployed strike group interoperability.
- Analyzes data and makes recommendations to resolve identified problems and/or shortfalls to installed or modified systems and sub-systems.
- Monitors, coordinates and supports the installation of prototype and/or experimental equipment in the FDNF ships.
- Makes decisions and recommends actions regarding economy of operations, methods, analysis, or improvements.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Overseas Military Spouse, Overseas Family Member, Current Permanent Competitive Service Federal Employees, Current Permanent Competitive Service Internal Employees [within the DoD, within the DON], Former Federal Employees, VEOA, or ICTAP eligibles.
Questions? This job is open to 4 groups.