Emergency Management Specialist
Federal Emergency Management Agency
2 vacancies - Washington DC, DC
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Wednesday 1/11/2017
Closes Saturday 1/21/2017
Salary Range $79,720.00 to $123,234.00 / Per Year
Series & GradeGS-0089-12/13
Promotion Potential 13
Supervisory Status No
Who May Apply Status candidates who meet any of the categories shown under the heading "Who May Apply" at the end of the Job Summary section below.
Individuals who do not meet the requirements shown below may apply under FEMA-17-RJ-125614-DE, which is open to the public.
This announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) (Saturday, January 21, 2017) OR on the date the 200th application is received, whichever comes first.
Control Number 462161500
Job Announcement Number FEMA-17-RJ-125614-MP
About the Agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
Who May Apply:
The ideal candidate for this position has experience developing continuity related policies and plans; developing organizational strategic or operational plans and briefing individuals internal and external to the organization. This position starts at a salary of $79,720 (GS-12) with promotion potential to the $123,234 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the National Continuity Programs team within FEMA.
Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level and administrative approval.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will provide technical expertise and advisory services to professional staff in the headquarters and regional structure of the agency on Emergency Management activities. Typical assignments include:
- Serving as a program manager for senior level management and professional staff in the headquarters and regional offices relative to short- and long-range emergency preparedness, alerts and warnings, continuity, contingency, and security resources through on-going inter-Agency communications and planning efforts.
- Applies advanced skills in emergency preparedness, alerts and warnings, continuity, contingency, and security knowledge and skill to provide analysis and to compile assigned projects, involving a variety of program issues.
- Assessing, inspecting, and evaluating emergency preparedness, continuity, contingency, and security processes, plans, procedures, or guidance for compliances with established laws, directives, regulations, policies, standards, and guidance.
- Assisting in the efforts to plan, coordinate, conduct and evaluate emergency preparedness, continuity, contingency, and security training and/or exercises in accordance with current doctrine.
- Occasional Travel
- This position may require occasional non-emergency travel 5%
How to Apply