What exciting career opportunities await you at CDC?
Learn more about this agency
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nation's premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
This position is exempt from the HHS hiring freeze pursuant to HHS guidance.
This position is located in U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Office of Public Health Preparedness & Response (OPHPR), Division of Emergency Operations (DEO), Logistics Branch (LB), in Atlanta, GA.
This vacancy is being announced for current OPHPR/DEO employees with permanent career/career-conditional status only.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical location CDC-wide.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an Emergency Management Specialist you will:
- Perform work in order to prevent, protect from, prepare for, respond to, recover from and/or mitigate natural or man-made emergencies.
- Maintain 24/7 individual readiness to perform in an emergency response environment that may require on-call duty, and/or extended shift work (e.g. all-hazards public health watch support, incident emergency alert, notification and escalation and incident management support).
- Assist in the development of public health preparedness, response, and recovery materials to support technical assistance and capacity development activities.
- Support the development of effective plans which permit CDC and its programs to respond to emergencies in a coordinated and proactive manner.
- Be under the direction of senior staff, issues, maintains, tracks and inventories deployable assets to provide CDC staff supporting emergency response activities with needed equipment, field gear and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Domestic (5%)