About the Position:
Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the U.S. Army Health Clinic, Acute Care Section, Schofield Barracks, HI on the island of Oahu. Oahu is the third largest island in the Hawaiian chain. It is home to about three-fourths of the state's population. Honolulu is the state capitol and the 11th largest U.S. metropolitan city. Waikiki, the most world-renowned site in Oahu, is the top visitor destination of the state. The island is very geographically diverse with mountains, rain forest, volcanic craters, tropics, beaches and much more. For more information about Hawaii and the island of Oahu, visit: http://www.hvcb.org/ and http://www.garrison.hawaii.army.mil/.
Tripler Army Medical Center is a tobacco-free workplace. Tobacco products include, but are not limited to, smoking, smokeless tobacco, and electronic nicotine delivery devices.
Salary includes 18.43% locality pay.
Currently authorized 10.99% cost of living allowance, which is subject to change without notice.
Schofield Barracks Health Clinic is a tobacco-free workplace. Tobacco products include, but are not limited to, smoking, smokeless tobacco, and electronic nicotine delivery devices.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are NOT authorized.
Relocation (Government Home Sale) expenses are NOT authorized.
As an Emergency Medical Technician, you will:
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation on patients through various techniques such as, airway adjuncts and using an automated external defibrillator (AED).
- Evaluate patient's condition to properly stabilize for treatment.
- Operate a patient transport vehicle to safely move the patient to the appropriate facility.
- Determine basic medical implications of wounds to treat appropriately.
- Determine proper method to stabilize patients with physical injuries, such as, fractures, dislocations and sprains.