- THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for an ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER, Position Description Number T5904800 and is part of the 141 CIVIL ENGINEER SQUADRON, WASHINGTON AIR NATIONAL GUARD
Location: 141 ARW, Fairchild AFB, WA
Appointment Type: Permanent
Advertised as: Title 5, excepted service
Learn more about this agency
As a ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER, GS - 0819 - 12, you will
- Manages a complex, highly technical environmental management and protection program, and serves as the installation's single most knowledgeable expert on DoD, AF, ANG, EPA state specific environmental laws and regulations.
- Manages the entire Planning, Programming, Budget and Execution (PPB&E) for the installations environmental quality (EQ) program area.
- Prepares and guides implementation of environmental program plans.
- Serves as an active member of the Installation Design Working Group (DWG) accomplishing short term and long range planning in conjunction with Civil Engineering, for future military construction and renovation projects.
- In accordance with the Environmental Impact Analysis Process (EIAP) statutory requirements, the incumbent is responsible for evaluating the environmental impact of construction and renovation projects.
- Plans and schedules work in a manner that promotes a smooth flow and even distribution.
Occasional travel - as required for job training or mission requirements.