The selectee for this position will serve as a Environmental Engineer/Physical Scientist/Biologist in the Environmental Resources and Assessment Branch of NAVAL FAC ENGINEERING CMD FAR EAST.
Learn more about this agency
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Plan, program, and budget for recurring and non-recurring environmental compliance and natural resources costs.
- Prepare and maintain Environmental Program Requirements (EPRs) exhibits for submission to the Navy electronic environmental budgeting and planning database.
- Prepare out-year regional execution plans and mid-year and end-of-year regional budget execution reports.
- Serve as regional expert in Environmental Quality Assessment (EQA) programs and ensures that all operations are conducted in accordance with current and applicable environmental regulations.
- Serve as regional expert for Environmental Management System (EMS) programs and ensures that all operations are conducted in accordance with current and applicable environmental policy, instructions, and guidance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Overseas Military Spouse, Overseas Family Member, Excepted Service Overseas Family Member, Current Permanent Competitive Service Internal Employees within the DoD.
Questions? This job is open to 4 groups.