This position is located within National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Ocean Service (NOS), Integrated Ocean Observing System (IOOS), Silver Spring, MD.
Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band.
The ZA-03 is equivalent to the GS-11/12.
The ZA-04 is equivalent to the GS-13/14.
The full promotion level of this position is ZA-04.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NOS-IOOS-2018-0002, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Environmental Protection Specialist ZA 0028-03/04 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
At the ZA-04, the individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as the policy and planning authority and expert advisor on management functions or major extramural program.
- Develop and implement policies.
- Oversee complete integration of environmental planning with program planning and execution.
- Evaluate pending or new legislation, regulations, Executive Orders, and policies to identify deficiencies, implement measures that adapt current approaches and practices to satisfy new requirements.
- Develop and implement improvements to increase compliance program efficiency and effectiveness while maintaining the highest standards.
The ZA-03 is developmental leading to performance of the duties described above.
Occasional travel - 10% Domestic required