About the Agency
The Department of Defense team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of Defense provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
The selectee for this position will serve as an Epidemiologist in the Healthcare Operations Directorate, Public Health Division, Immunization Healthcare Branch, Vaccine Safety & Evaluation Section, Regulatory Investigations Office of DDAAFC DEFENSE HEALTH AGENCY.
THIS IS AN EXPEDITED HIRING AUTHORITY ANNOUNCEMENT. The Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) FY 2009 provides that the Secretary of Defense can designate positions as shortage positions and recruit and appoint highly qualified persons to these positions. This announcement is open to accept resumes from candidates interested in helping the Department of the Navy meet our mission requirements for the acquisition of systems, equipment and facilities.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Serve as Chief, Regulatory Investigations Office, Immunization Healthcare Branch (IHB) and is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the office and assigned personnel.
- Oversee and conduct vaccine safety surveillance studies in compliance with mission authorities.
- Monitor the progress of safety and evaluation research projects.
- Oversee the Defense Health Program (DHP) immunization-based funding for clinical studies, as well as business processes.
- Supervise staff consisting of two or more Health System Specialists (HSS).
- Occasional Travel
- Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.