Open & closing dates
09/13/2017 to 10/10/2017
$40,267 to $92,872 per year
Pay scale & grade
NB 03 - 04
Permanent - Permanent appointment in the competitive service; included in the bargaining unit.
FEW vacancies in the following locations:
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
Learn more about this agency
As an Examination Technician within Large Bank Supervision (LBS), you will perform technician work in support of bank examiners within large banks. You will perform specialized technical work such as, preparing data for automated financial systems, or supporting bank examiners by writing summaries of audits, financial reports, or recommending conclusions against definitive criteria.
Large Bank Supervision Duty Locations
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA
Washington, DC area
The following are the duties of an Examination Technician at the NB-IV. If you are selected at a lower band level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Performs technician work in support of examinations of large banks. Applies a practical knowledge of the banking industry such as the bank examination process and consumer compliance programs in order to perform transaction testing, quality control reviews, non-complex CRA investigations, and review of audit reports and ratings to assess effectiveness of audit programs.
- Performs specialized technical work such as preparing data for automated financial systems, writing summaries of audits or financial reports, and recommending conclusions.
- Analyzes bank requests for increases in fixed assets, other real estate owned (OREO) extensions, and dividend payments. Conducts research of laws and regulations to prepare for bank examinations and other bank-supervision related assignments, and searches external sources for financial news releases specific to assigned banks.
- Responds to information inquiries from banks on a wide range of topics. Prepares custom uniform bank performance reports, correspondence, documents and a variety of other reports in support of bank examinations.
- Reviews and/or tracks exam work papers, preliminary information for quarterly reviews from databases, loan files, and external sources.
- Assists with scheduling and tracking bank assignments, training and other assignments. Monitors examination workdays and budget items.
- Traces financial transactions, identifies discrepancies, and prepares spreadsheets to reflect the source(s) of discrepancies, and corrective actions required. Compiles and verifies the accuracy of financial data (audit report findings, Call Reports, and FinCen download data) to be included in memos, reports, schedules, and comparative analyses.
Occasional travel - 1-5 Nights per Year of Travel
How to Apply
Fair & Transparent
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply,
Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.