The selectee for this position will serve as a Facility Operations Specialist in the Facilities Management Division of NAVAL FAC ENGINEERING CMD FAR EAST .
Learn more about this agency
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Assist and brief supported commands on the Regional Engineer/Public Works Department (PWD) organizations and how they work with regard to requesting work, funding jobs, and related policies.
- Meet with all supported commands' Points of Contact on a recurring basis to review work efforts and requirements.
- Conduct and attend periodic meetings and visits to identify any facility problems that have developed and to facilitate work execution.
- Perform as customer liaison for service contracts by relaying supported command requirements.
- Provide updates to management on all issues and work efforts being accomplished for the facilities assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Overseas Military Spouse, Overseas Family Member, Excepted Service Overseas Family Member, Current Permanent Competitive Service Federal Employees, VEOA, or ICTAP eligibles.
Questions? This job is open to 4 groups.