About the Position: Employees occupying these positions will provide emergency support to disaster stricken areas throughout the US Employee must pass a stringent medical screening and be prepared to live and work in extremely austere conditions. Work schedule will initially be arduous, with much overtime. Sleeping arrangements may be limited to using a sleeping bag or in the vehicle used to move from location to location. The duty station for pay purposes for these positions is Kennewick, WA.
Learn more about this agency
- Plan and direct comprehensive programs for the operation, maintenance, repair and improvement of Corps of Engineers facilities.
- Advise the staff as to the adequacy and physical condition of facilities and recommends actions considered necessary to provide organizations the facilities needed to maintain unit readiness.
- Maintain liaison between the Corps and agencies providing support to ensure facilities are adequately maintained.
- Inspect facilities to validate existing conditions, determine required maintenance and repair activities, utilization of existing assets, adequacy of contractual requirements.
- Provides technical advice and instruction in facility management procedures.
- Provide detailed cost estimates for all requested work in support of planning and programming efforts.
75% or less - Business Travel up to 75% of the time is required for this position.