The selectee for this position will serve as a FIRE PROTECTION SPECIALIST in the Fire and Emergency Services of COMMANDER, NAVAL REGION JAPAN.
Learn more about this agency
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/pls/psgprod/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Initiates, plans, develop and instructs curriculum for formal courses and require frequent updates and modifications to subject matter.
- Maintains training records, prepares daily lesson plans and schedules, and instructs classes.
- May assist in investigating fires within the region to determine cause, origin, and possibility of arson.
- Acts as staff officer to the senior officer present at actual firefighting and rescue operations and may act as the Fire Chief in his/her absence.
- Plans and schedules training for all fire protection functional areas and observes and conducts practical exercises.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Overseas Military Spouse, Overseas Family Member, Excepted Service Overseas Family Member, Current Permanent Competitive Service Internal Employees within the DoD, VEOA, or ICTAP eligibles.
Questions? This job is open to 5 groups.