3 vacancies in the following location:
About the Agency
Note: Additional vacancies and selections may occur within 90 days of announcement closing date.
*In order to receive consideration for this position, please ensure to submit ALL required documents indicated in the Required Document Section.*
Redstone Arsenal Family and MWR (FMWR) has many award winning services available such as recreation, sports and fitness, child youth and school services, golf, bowling, club, arts and crafts, a library and much, much more! These serves are made available as a result of the extraordinary NAF Employee workforce that is focal point of what we do. Redstone Arsenal FMWR strive to be your "First Choice" for all quality of life services. As a member of our FMWR Team, you and your immediate family members are entitled to utilize all FMWR Facilities and Services.
Provide Food & Beverage Attendant services at one of our several outstanding full-service cafeterias located on Redstone Arsenal, Alabama.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience."
- Performs a variety of tasks performing several steps or sequences of tasks that require attention to work operations in a kitchen or dining area following established procedures.
- In accordance with current menu, prepares and combines fruits and vegetables for salads.
- Makes simple sandwiches and performs other simple food preparation.
- Responsible for proper slicing of deli meats and cheeses and cutting of fruits and vegetables for garnish.
- In accordance with customer's orders, processes and organizes food, arranges garnishes, checks for appearance, quality and quantity and ensures proper presentation in accordance with set standards.
- Operates a cash register.
- Cleans kitchen utensils, pots, pans, storage containers, as well as sweeping and mopping the floor.
- Restocks storeroom, walk in refrigerator/freezer, front line refrigerators, freezers, coolers, and dry goods.
- Responsible for cleaning of dining area, to include but not limited to wiping tables, chairs, emptying the trash, and vacuuming.
- May operate a beverage cart on the golf course, working independently, to include loading and unloading the beverage cart in accordance with set standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply