The successful candidate in this position will serve as a General Engineer who will serve as a Systems Engineer, contributing technical and analytical support, as a member of a systems engineering team, to senior management officials and program managers in the Office of Defense Programs.
Learn more about this agency
As a General Engineer, you will:
- Serves as a systems engineer who applies fundamental systems engineering principles and methods to contribute toward office requirements management and risk management functions.
- Supports integration and management requirements by contributing toward the identification and development of high level Defense Program requirements and by interfacing with stakeholders and program organizations.
- Works with more experienced systems engineers in the performance of duties encompassing all phases of weapons activities including planning, research and development, design and production engineering, testing and deployment.
- Participates substantially on studies and analyses to support near term architecture level issues, performs enterprise level sensitivity and reliability analyses and cost benefits analyses, and performs trades and technology assessments to support long term planning and strategic direction and technology investments.
- Works with the Program Managers on assigned projects to implement systems engineering principles and functions.
- Ensures that requirements are traceable and verifiable from development to execution.
Occasional travel - This position requires travel outside of the duty station 25% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- Current Federal employee with competitive or excepted service status
- CTAP eligibles
This position is also being advertised as a Competitive Service position. The announcement number is: 17-0195-GOV.
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.