A successful candidate of General Engineer GS-0801-13 will:
Learn more about this agency
- Provide oversight and technical advice for contractor efforts to startup and commission the WTP Low-Activity Waste Vitrification Facility and supporting systems. This oversight will be though assessments, surveillance, design reviews and other oversight functions to ensure compliance with established criteria, sound engineering principles, and professional practices.
- Coordinate oversight with multiple organizations and disciplines to ensure operability, quality, and safety of systems and components.
- Communicate status of startup and commissioning WTP project activities and brief management on technical issues, options for resolution, and facilitate decision making.
As a General Engineer, you will:
- Be an expert in the field of Startup Engineering and provide technical advice and consultation to a multidisciplinary group of professional and technical personnel engaged in carrying out the WTP project.
- Be responsible for making critical assessments and decisions as to the nature of technical problems, program requirements, and risks encountered in the startup and commissioning of the WTP. This work requires comprehensive, professional knowledge of several disciplines of engineering.
- Perform technical review of contractors engaged in Startup engineering for adequacy and reliability; ensure compliance with established criteria and sound engineering principles; and identify omissions, discrepancies, inadequacies, and nonconformance with approved criteria.
- Consult with engineers in other organization units, private firms, DOE Headquarters, regulators, and stakeholders to assist in identification and resolution of conflicts and recommend corrective action to prevent delays and facilitate completion of work.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required 1 day per month.