This position is located in Washington DC in the Information Management and Business Support Service, Office of Deputy Under Secretary for Management, National Cemetery Administration (NCA). The incumbent is responsible for managing NCA Publications Control Officer for all areas of the National Cemetery Administration Central Office, Field Operations, and Cemetery Operations.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a principal technical advisor, authority, and consultant on matters with publication control, information collection and form management; makes recommendations to senior officials concerned with the feasibility of VA's publication control, information collection and form management program.
- Overseeing and managing NCA's Publications Control Officer responsible for OMB issues related to the Paperwork Reduction Act, maintaining appropriate supplies of NCA and related forms, revising and updating forms, coordinating printing and stock replenishment requests, updating the Forms and Publication Catalog, ordering and ensuring adequate stock of VA letterhead, converting paper forms to electronic forms, and conducting budgetary information related to information collection.
- Serve as the technical expert on all functions under the umbrella of Publication, Information Collection and Form Programs.
- Performing NCA projects encompassing the full range of Department-wide publication, information collection and form programs. Ensuring NCA policies follow regulatory requirements and legislated mandates governing those programs. Disseminating Department-level publication, information collection, and form policy, procedures, and guidelines that implement Federal laws and regulations, and provides guidance on policy implementation.
- Working collaboratively across VA Staff offices and Administrations to carry out the Publications, Information Collection, and Form mission, ensure appropriate representation, identification and resolution of VA Staff Offices' and Administrations' issues.
- Review for comment, pending or proposed legislation, regulation or Federal agency rulemakings; and draft recommendations for NCA leadership and management concurrence.
- Identify publication, information collection, and form program deficiencies and make recommendations and changes to improve operations in conformance with policy requirements.
Work schedule: Required to work Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available
Telework: May be available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Government Information Specialist/729187
The full performance level of this position is GS-13.
Relocation Expenses: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.