The selectee for this position will serve as a HOUSING MANAGER in the Camp Services Office ofMARINE CORPS BASE CAMP BUTLER .
Learn more about this agency
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Implementing management plans and directives concerning the operation and utilization of housing assets at the camp, and planning, scheduling and coordination of all major activities for housing projects and facilities associated with the installation.
- Implementation of overall activity plans and procedures for housing assignment, eligibility and related activities.
- Maintains sufficient casual quarters to meet billeting needs for unfunded transients, personnel reporting to and departing from the camp, and fluctuations in tenant units which temporarily exceed allocated billeting space.
- Development and implementation of an effective occupant relations program to encourage a high level of occupant cooperation and pride.
- Implements housing related procedures and instructions and mediates and resolves a variety of disputes between occupants and management not resolved by subordinates.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Overseas Military Spouse Preference, Overseas Family Member Preference, Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employees within the local commuting area, VEOA and ICTAP
Questions? This job is open to 4 groups.